Skip links

UPDATE: Archbishop Aymond: Priest’s desecration of altar ‘demonic’

The Archbishop of New Orleans said Friday that a priest’s filming of a pornographic videotape atop a church’s altar was demonic, and that the priest will never again serve in Catholic ministry.

Fr. Travis Clark’s “obscene behavior was deplorable,” Aymond said in a statement released by the Archdiocese Oct. 9.

“His desecration of the altar in Church was demonic. I am infuriated by his actions. When the details became clear, we had the altar removed and burned. I will consecrate a new altar tomorrow,” Aymond said.

Clark is a New Orleans priest who was arrested Sept. 30 on obscenity charges, when he was observed filming himself in a sexual act with two women atop an altar in his Louisiana parish. The priest was removed from ministry, although the archdiocese did not disclose in detail what had happened; which was described in court records made public Oct. 9.

Clark, 37, was the pastor of Sts. Peter and Paul in Pearl River, Louisiana. He was arrested together with Mindy Dixon, 41, and Melissa Cheng, 23.

A local resident told police they noticed the lights were on in the parish church, and upon looking in the windows, saw the three engaged in sexual activity on the altar.

According to reports, the altar of the church had been outfitted with stage lighting.

Dixon is a pornographic performer and “dominatrix.” According to Nola.com, she had posted on her social media the day before her arrest that she was headed to New Orleans to “defile a house of God” alongside another “dominatrix,” presumably Cheng.

Read more at Catholic News Agency

Share with Friends: