Mary and the other saints, the Eucharist and the confessional, popes and purgatory, mortal sin and holy water… Are you puzzled by all that “Catholic stuff”?
To encounter the Catholic Church is to discover a rich, complex heritage of Christian faith and practice. Its ancient traditions carry deep meaning for some believers – but they raise perplexing isues from others.
Why Do Catholic Genuflect? answers in clear, concise terms many of the most common questions asked about the Catholic faith – queries such as these:
– Why do Catholics make so much of Mary?
– Do Catholics really think the pope is infallible?
– Why do Catholics confess to a priest?
– Do Catholics still believe in purgatory and mortal sin?
– Were Catholics ever forbidden to read the Bible?
– Why don’t Catholics practice artificial contraception?
– Aren’t annulments just Catholic divorces?
Non-Catholics, new Catholics, and even “cradle Catholics” will find here fresh insights into the Church’s liturgy, sacraments, hierarchy, and much more. If you have questions about distinctive CAtholic beliefs and practices, Why Do Catholics Genuflect? has the answers.