Be Transformed: The Healing Power of the Sacraments
How can Christians grow spiritually in the midst of our sinfulness? How can we transform our lives in a way that allows us to share in the resurrection of Jesus?
God has already given us the perfect solution–the sacraments.
Whether it is the wound of past hurts, the strain in our relationships, or the stress of daily life, we all need to be comforted and made whole by Christ. In this follow-up to his bestselling Be Healed, Bob Schuchts explains how the sacraments can fuel your emotional and spiritual healing and bring you closer to God.
Based on more than thirty-five years of experience as a therapist and decades spent leading retreats, Bob Schuchts shows how the seven sacraments can transform your perspectives and well-being in ways you’ve never imagined.
You’ll discover that each sacrament can help you heal from wounds that can impede your relationships and sense of self-worth. With Schuchts’s gentle help, you’ll learn how:
- Baptism can heal feelings of rejection.
- Confirmation gives courage in the face of powerlessness.
- Holy Eucharist reminds you that you are never abandoned.
- Reconciliation releases you from the clutches of shame.
- Holy Orders restores faith in God’s providence.
- Marriage can heal wounds of mistrust.
- Anointing of the Sick cures hopelessness.
Be Transformed offers all of the tools you need to understand, undergo, and implement a fresh understanding of the sacraments, including reflection questions, scripture meditations, prayers, and inspiring stories. You’ll come away hungry for the sacraments in a way you never knew possible.