St. Faustina Kowalska (1905-1938) immersed herself in a vision of Christ s Passion that became a predominant theme in her famed Diary. In Praying with Jesus and Faustina During Lent and in Times of Suffering, award winning and best-selling author Susan Tassone presents the Diary’s words of Christ and St. Faustina on his sorrowful Passion. The book will engage you in Jesus horrific sufferings, giving you grace, light and strength to bear your own sufferings.
The book opens with daily Lenten meditations featuring the words of Jesus and St. Faustina on the Passion. Each day also includes both special reflections for times of suffering and a prayer. In the following chapters, St. Faustina will lead you through heartfelt prayers on the Way of the Cross, Christ’s wounds, and on the Blessed Mother’s sorrows. Susan also includes chapters on unique litanies, the Divine Mercy devotion, and confession.
In Praying with Jesus and Faustina During Lent and in Times of Suffering, you will learn to more deeply:
- Meditate with Jesus and St. Faustina daily in Lent and in suffering
- Participate in St. Faustina’s vision of Christ’s passion
- Find comfort and strength from the Crucified Christ
- Pray the Stations of the Cross using the words of Jesus and St. Faustina
- Join your sufferings to Christ’s sorrowful passion
- Find refuge, consolation and mercy in Christ’s wounds
- Unite your sorrows with the sufferings that afflicted of Our Lady’s heart
- Pray a vast variety of litanies for the troubled times of your life.
- Come to appreciate the beauty and value of confession from the words of Jesus and St. Faustina
And much more!