+ Bombshell: Episcopal Church Suspended from Full Participation in Anglican Church
- Description: This afternoon primates of the Anglican Communion suspended the Episcopal Church from full participation in the life and work of the Anglican Communion. The action is due to the Episcopal Church’s redefinition of marriage. The Archbishop of Canterbury has been asked to create a task group to maintain conversations and attempt to restore the relationship. Fr. Dwight Longenecker is back with the latest details.
- Segment Guests:
Fr. Dwight Longenecker
Fr. Longenecker was brought up in an Evangelical was eventually ordained as an Anglican priest. Realizing that he and the Anglican Church were on divergent paths, in 1995 Fr. Dwight and his family were received into the Catholic Church. At St. Mary’s Church in Greenville in December 2006 he was ordained as a Catholic priest under the special pastoral provision for married former Anglican clergy. He now serves as parish priest of Our Lady of the Rosary parish. Fr. Longenecker is a well known Catholic blogger. Standing on My Head at Patheos.com
- Majority of primates call for temporary Episcopal Church sanctions (http://episcopaldigitalnetwork.com/ens/2016/01/14/majority-of-primates-call-for-temporary-episcopal-church-sanctions/)
- Statement from the Anglican Primates (http://www.primates2016.org/articles/2016/01/14/statement-primates-2016/)
- Primates suspend Episcopal Church from full participation in the Anglican Communion (http://www.anglican.ink/article/primates-suspend-episcopal-church-full-participation-anglican-communion)
- Oops! Media, Planned Parenthood Honor Pro-life Suffragist’s Birthday (http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/katie-yoder/2016/01/13/oops-media-planned-parenthood-honor-pro-life-suffragists#.8o5dcm7:mfxG)
- How a Prostitute’s Story Taught Pope Francis the Meaning of Mercy (http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/how-a-prostitutes-story-taught-pope-francis-the-meaning-of-mercy/)
- Standing on my Head blog (http://www.patheos.com/blogs/standingonmyhead/)
- Fr. Dwight Longenecker
+ The GOP Primary: Chaos or Helpful Discourse?
- Description: The sixth GOP debate is tonight. There are at least five more GOP debates scheduled between now and March. Do all these debates contribute to helpful discourse, or is it just chaos? We’ll take a look with Gary Bauer.
- Segment Guests:
Gary Bauer served in President Reagan’s administration for eight years as Undersecretary of Education and as Regan’s Chief Domestic Polic Advisor. He is the former President of the Family Research Council and launched the Campaign for Working Families, a political action committee dedicated to election pro-family, pro-life candidates to office. Gary is the president of American Values, an educational non-profit organization and the author of several books including “Doing Things Right.”
- Gary Bauer
+ Lessons from Scripture: Jesus Heals a Leper
Comments are closed.