+ Encountering Mary in Time and Tradition (full hour)
- Description: The earliest of Mary’s apparitions can be traced back to the first century of the Church and have continued into modern times, inspiring the faithful to devotion to her and to a deeper love of Christ her son. We talk with Dr Robert Fastiggi about the development of Marian teachings throughout history and how they line up with Marian apparitions.
- Segment Guests:
Dr. Robert Fastiggi
Dr. Robert Fastiggi is a Professor of Systematic Theology at Sacred Heart Major Seminary. He's the author most recently of Virgin, Mother, Queen: Encountering Mary in Time and Tradition.
- Dr. Robert Fastiggi
+ Resources Mentioned Available in Our Store:
The earliest of Mary’s apparitions can be traced back to the first century of the Church and have continued into modern times, inspiring the faithful to devotion to her and to a deeper love of Christ her son. In Virgin, Mother, Queen, popular radio and television host Michael O’Neill gathers fascinating details from Mary’s mystical appearances around the world. Robert Fastiggi, professor of systemic theology at Sacred Heart Major Seminary, answers questions about the historical and theological development of Marian teachings throughout Church history. The ten, Church-sanctioned apparitions and their corresponding titles of Mary are:
- Virgin: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Mexico, 1531)
- Mediatrix of Grace: Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal (Rue du Bac, France, 1830)
- Mother of Sorrows: Our Lady of La Salette (France, 1846)
- Immaculate, All-Holy: Our Lady of Lourdes (France, 1858)
- Advocate: Our Lady of Hope (Pontmain, France, 1871)
- Blessed: The Knock Apparition (Ireland, 1879)
- Mother of the Church: Our Lady of the Rosary (Fatima, Portugal, 1917)
- Queen of Heaven: The Virgin of the Golden Heart/Our Lady of Beuraing (Belgium, 1932)
- Mother of Mercy: Virgin of the Poor/Our Lady of Banneaux (Belgium, 1933)
- Mother of God: Our Lady of Sorrows/Our Lady of Kibeho (Rwanda, 1981)
Comments are closed.