+ What does the Bible Say About Mary? (full hour)
- Description: Some Biblical scholars like to question how much the New Testament can tell us about the Blessed Mother. She doesn't appear much and speaks on limited occasions. Is there really reason to believe what we do about Mary? We talk with Ed Sri.
- Segment Guests:
Edward Sri is a theologian, speaker and author of several best-selling books. His newest books are No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ's Passion and Rethining Mary. He is the presenter of several faith formation programs and the host of the weekly podcast All Things Catholic.
- Ed Sri
+ Resources Mentioned Available in Our Store:
Scholars often have questioned how much the New Testament can tell us about the Mother of Jesus. After all, Mary appears only in a few accounts and speaks on limited occasions. Can Scripture really support the many Marian beliefs developed in the Church over time? In Rethinking Mary in the New Testament, Dr. Edward Sri shows that the Bible reveals more about Mary than is commonly appreciated. For when the Mother of Jesus does appear in Scripture, it's often in passages of great importance, steeped in the Jewish Scriptures, and packed with theological significance. This comprehensive work examines every key New Testament reference to Mary, addressing common questions along the way, such as:
- What was Mary's life like before the Annunciation?
- Is there biblical support for Mary's Immaculate Conception and Perpetual Virginity?
- Does Scripture reveal Mary as our spiritual mother?
- What does it mean for Mary to be "full of grace"?
- How is Mary the "New Eve," "Ark of the Covenant," and "Queen Mother"?
- Can Mary be identified with the "woman" in Revelation 12?
Comments are closed.