+ Becoming an Everyday Disciple in a Post-Christian World (full hour)
- Description: Do you feel uncertain about how to share your Catholic faith with others, especially as society increasingly rejects religion? Why not follow examples from the scriptures and saints to guide you? We talk with Kevin Cotter, who has tips for becoming a daily disciple in a hostile world.
- Segment Guests:
Kevin Cotter is the executive director of The Amazing Parish and served as senior director of curriculum at FOCUS, where he worked for eleven years. He earned a bachelor’s degree in religious studies and philosophy from Benedictine College and a master’s degree in sacred scripture from the Augustine Institute. He is the author of Called: Becoming an Everyday Disciple in a Post-Christian World. He and his wife just welcomed their fourth child into the world.
- Follow Kevin on Twitter (https://twitter.com/kevinrcotter?lang=en)
- Kevin Cotter
+ Resources Mentioned Available in Our Store:
Do you feel uncertain about how to share your Catholic faith with others, especially as society increasingly rejects religion? Why not follow examples from the scriptures and saints to guide you? In this five-week guide to becoming a daily disciple of Jesus in a post-Christian culture, popular speaker, bestselling author, and experienced FOCUS missionary Kevin Cotter presents thirty-five brief and engaging meditations that provide Catholics with the conviction and tools for sharing Jesus with others. Called is an accessible guide to evangelization for the average Catholic. Through short and simple daily meditations, you will gain everything you need to begin sharing the Gospel, including the conviction that you can and should be evangelizing their faith. Based on the principles of evangelization taught by the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS)—where Kevin Cotter is the senior director of curriculum—Called invites you to delve into powerful scenes from Jesus’ life, plus stories from the lives of saints such as Augustine, Mother Teresa, and Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati, as you explore how the call to discipleship is at the heart of scripture in ancient Israel, the life of Jesus, and the apostolic Church. Cotter leads you on this five-week journey as someone who understands the challenges of talking about faith with friends and the sacrifices needed to invest in others. He encourages you to step outside your comfort zone as you open your eyes to Jesus’ call to discipleship.
- Week One: As you reflect on Jesus’ initial call of his disciples and how he calls you to radically love and follow him in your everyday life, you deepen your relationship with God and complete the first stage of becoming his disciple.
- Week Two: You examine the characteristics of a daily commitment to discipleship—daily prayer, submission to God’s will, regular Confession, frequent reception of the Eucharist, acting in love.
- Week Three: You discover how our current culture, which places little value on faith, compares to the world Jesus faced. You develop, like Jesus, the desire to save our world and draw others to God.
- Week Four: You unpack the tools Jesus used to touch every person he came into contact with. Through Jesus’ example, you will become equipped with what you need to reach others for him.
- Week Five: You learn that you are called not just to be a disciple but to be one who makes disciples of others.
Comments are closed.