- This event has passed.
St. Joseph Oktoberfest
September 24, 2017 @ 11:00 AM - 8:30 PMFree
The 12th annual St. Joseph Oktoberfest is Sunday, September 24th from 12:30pm – 8:30pm!!
Come and enjoy the Oktoberfest, joining our festival guests of honor, the Sistine Chapel Choir. We are most grateful that the “Pope’s Choir” will attend Oktoberfest during their free time in Detroit, the Renaissance City, at the conclusion of their historic U.S. tour. Please note there is no Sistine Choir Chapel concert at Oktoberfest; for performance venues, visit sistinechapelustour.com.
In the Church at St. Joseph Oratory:
– 9am Low Mass
– 11am Solemn High Orchestral Mass (Franz Schubert’s Mass in G) with German hymns
– Church Tours
– 3pm Sacred Music Concert given by Oratory musicians
– 6pm Solemn Vespers
Entertainment under the Big Tent:
– Siasswasser Tanzlmusi Bavarian band
– G.T.E.V. Edelweiss Detroit Bavarian dancers
– Notre Dame Prep Jazz Band
– DJ Glockenspiel
Fun for the whole family:
– Authentic German Dinner
– Seasonal Oktoberfest Beer
– Children’s Games for all Ages
– Pumpkin Decorating
– Silent Auction
– Attic Treasures Tent
– Stein Hoisting Contest
Raffle Drawing at 5pm!
– $1,000 Grand Prize
– #2: 2 Tigers Tickets & Dinner
– #3: 2 Detroit Symphony Orchestra Tickets & Dinner
– #4: 2 Detroit Opera Tickets & Dinner
– #5: Breakfeast for 4 & Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Eastern Market
– #6: Tusacan Ceramics from the Institute’s Seminary
– #7 – #11: Gift Baskets
– #12: Framed Inspirational Print of Your Choice
Tickets $5, or 10 for $40. Proceeds to Parish Restoration Fund. Need not be present to win.
Free Festival Admission & Parking Attendants will guide you to free guarded parking. Bike Parking Available as well.