Is Islam a Religion of Peace? Conference – August 10, 2013
- Location: Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Start Date:August 10th, 2013
- End Date:August 10th, 2013
- Flyer: Download
- Registration: Click Here
According to The Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, 19% of U.S. Muslims said that “suicide bombing or other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam” could be justified. That number in Egypt is 29% and 40% in the Palestinian territories. Do these findings mock the claim that Islam is a religion of peace?
Ave Maria Communications presents:
Is Islam a Religion of Peace?
a Catholic Witness in a Nation Divided Conference
Saturday, August 10, 2013 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
followed by Mass celebrated by Bishop Earl Boyea
Grand Ballroom in Eastern Michigan University’s Student Center
900 Oakwood Street, Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
Registration opens at 8:00 am.
Ticket prices: $40.00 per person.
Clergy are admitted free. Call 734-930-5201 for clergy registration.
Speakers will include:
- Robert Spencer, founder of Jihad Watch
- Andrew Bieszad, scholar and author of “Islam and the West” and “Lions of the Faith: Saints, Blesseds and Heroes of the Catholic Faith in the Conflict with Islam”
- Mustafa Akyol, author of “Islam Without Extremes: A Muslim Case for Liberty” and a columnist for the Turkish newspaper “Star” and the “Hürriyet Daily News”
- Richard Thompson, president of the Thomas More Law Center
- Shadid Lewis, Regional Director of the Muslim Debate Initiative (MDI) USA
- Al Kresta, host of Kresta in the Afternoon
- and others